The last bikes and frames have now been sold for this year. We are thankful for all the great feedback and support we have gotten from you.
From your feedback and own ideas we have made the following updates and improvements:
Introducing the 2021 model
Here are the changes on the (frame):
– Disc brake on both rear and front wheel. Please also not the frame will still work with caliper brakes.
– Cr-mo frame and fork + improved hinges. ( ~0.5kg in weight savings).
– Better joints in the diagonal stay (There was some play in there).
– Rubber sealed magnet.
– Eccentric quick release handle.
– Improved docking mechanism, now spring loaded.
– Cables inside top tube.
– Front & rear mudguard (not yet in picture)
– (Foldable handlebar coming later)
Questions we would like to get feedback on:
1. Would you like to have non-threaded fork instead?
2. Would you prefer the bike with a bit smaller wheels? Now we use 622mm rims. Would you rather prefer
the 571mm rim (triathlon rim) or a 559mm rim (26”). The good thing with a smaller rim is that the folding package get smaller, but then it’s not full size bike any longer.
Feel free to send us feedback on the above questions or any other improvement. You can send us an email or comment below.
We also plan to add better bicycle parts, mainly the: Crankset, Bottom bracket, Seat post clamp, headset and brake calipers. All the specific parts have not been chosen yet, so we will not announce it yet. Our intentions is also to add belt drive as standard equipment, since so many have wanted it.
Sturmey-archer: RX-RK5 hub
Let us hear what you think in the comments below!